LG Electronics ND8630 is a 80W Bluetooth speaker and an Android/Apple docking station molded together to create one of the best sounding docking stations out there but also to create the best wireless music playback device for anyone’s home.
This device is designed manufactured and tested by LG so it is one of the best devices in its class and the styling is magnificent. This device is the bigger and more powerful model of LG’s 30W Android Speaker Dock but those additional 50W of sound are amazing and will give you a room filling sound in a slightly bigger device. This ND8630 dock is 17.5 inches x 9.1 inches x 6.9 inches (44.5 cm x 23.1 cm x 17.5 cm) in size so it is just a little bigger than that 30W model but it weighs 12.8 pounds (5.7 kg), so it is much heavier and that is because it has a lot more power and it has to be stronger to support all those vibrations.
The design is similar to that 30W model but this dock has a much more distinct holding leg that can be seen shining from the bottom. LG has created this support leg to provide more stability but also to accent the overall design and give it more professional look. The Logo has also changed places and it now sits at the front lower down but still has that red background to let everyone know that this is a LG product. The buttons and the top plate are at the same exact locations and the back connection panel is also the same.
As with that smaller model you get connections like:
- NFC – Near Field Communication allows you to turn on and star playing this device with just one touch.
- Bluetooth – Bluetooth is the main connection that allows you to stream music in a 10 feet (3 meter) radius.
- WiFi – WiFi is the other wireless connection that allows you to connect to this docking station and fiddle around as well as stream music.
- 3.5 mm AUX – AUX jack is a great port for when you don’t have Bluetooth or Wi-Fi in your device and it also has great sound quality.
- USB – There is a USB port at the back that allows to connect your gadget with this dock and make some changes.
- Lightning charger – On the back plate there is a Lightning connector that allows you to charge and stream music from your Apple devices.
- Micro USB charger – Micro USB charger allows you to dock, charge and sync your Android device or other USB enabled smart phones or MP3 players
But if we talk about sound then this dock has one of the best sounds that I have ever seen as those built in speakers are LG’s top of the line models with very clear sound that gives you low and high pitch tones as well as can be tuned up to fill up all your house with pleasant music. The power and the force that this Dock gives you is amazing and if you can use it wirelessly then it is just perfect!
Overall this is a really great Android docking station and wireless speaker and those added 50W from the smaller LG model really makes a difference so if you like clear and loud music I would advise this model!